1. Digital Products
The Charlie Hebdo Digital Products include the website (usa.charliehebdo.com), mobile site, and tablet and mobile apps. You are not necessarily required to purchase anything to use CharlieHebdo’s Digital Products. If you do not purchase asubscription or product, however, your access to the Digital Products will be limited. You can view Charlie Hebdo’s various offerings at https://usa.charliehebdo.com/checkout.
Charlie Hebdo reserves the right to modify the content, type and availability of any Digital Product at any time.
Differing Subscriptions/Promotions. Charlie Hebdo may offer a number of types of subscriptions, including subscriptions to different Charlie Hebdo’s products and special promotions. Any materially different terms from those described in these. Terms of Sale will be disclosed at the time of purchase or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding your subscription visiting our website and clicking on the “My Account” link. We reserve the right to change or terminate any offered subscriptions or promotions at any time.
a. Payment Method. You can pay for your subscription with a major credit card, orby PayPal (“Payment Method”). Only credit cards, or PayPal are eligible for payment. Do not sign up for a subscription by identifying a debit card in the credit card option. A debit card may also be known as a “check” or “ATM” card and typically has the word “debit” on it.
b. Price Changes. We reserve the right to change prices for any of our product at any time.
c. Purchases. When you purchase a stand-along product, such as a chapter of the report or the full report, we will charge your Payment Method at the time of
4. Refunds. Payments are non-refundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used products. We reserve the right, however, to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit in one instance, we are under no obligation to issue the same refund or credit in the future.
5. E-Sign Disclosure and Consent. By purchasing a Digital Products, you consent to receive notices, disclosures, agreements, policies, receipts, confirmations, transaction information, account information, other communications, and changes or updates to any such documents electronically (collectively, the “Electronic Communications”). We will provide these Electronic Communications by posting them on the Charlie Hebdo website, the “MyAccount” page, and/or emailing them to your primary email address associated with your Digital Products purchase. You agree that the Electronic Communications will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. Electronic Communications will be deemed received by you within 24 hours of the time posted to our website or the “My Account” page, or within 24 hours of the time emailed to you unless we receive notice that the email was not delivered.
System Requirements to Access Information. To receive Electronic Communications, you must have the following equipment and software:
- computer or other device with an Internet connection;
- current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption (e.g. Internet Explorer
version 6.0 and above, Firefox version 2.0 and above, Chrome version 3.0 and
above, or Safari 3.0 and above) with cookies enabled;
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.0 and above to open documents in .pdf
- a valid email address (your primary email address associated with the Digital
Products purchase); and sufficient storage space or other methods (e.g., a USB
drive or secure online storage) to save past Electronic Communications or a
printer to print them.
Your access to this page verifies that your system/device meets these requirements. You also confirm that you have access to the necessary equipment and are able to receive, open, print, or store Electronic Communications. It is your responsibility to keep your primary email address up to date. You can change your primary email address on the “My Account” page. You agree that Electronic Communications sent to a primary email address that is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your service provider, or cannot be received due to your failure to maintain the system requirements, will be deemed to have been provided to you. If an Electronic Communication is returned to us because an email your address becomes invalid, we may deem your subscription to be inactive, and you will not be able to use the Digital Products until we receive a valid, working primary email address from you. We will notify you if there are any material changes to the hardware or software needed to receive Electronic Communications.
6. Changes to the Terms of Sale.
We may, from time to time, change these Terms of Sale. When such changes are made, we will make a copy of the new Terms of Sale available to you on our website.